Submarine


Sometimes, it feels like I am under millions of gallons of crushing water. The pressure is so great, I don’t know how I can bear it another moment. Breath, which is life, can seem so far away when under these waters. It is an inhospitable place, not meant for humans.

And worse, when I look up, I see with distorted perception. The water blurs the view of the sky. It shimmers and undulates in meaningless patterns that make it difficult to discern Truth amidst lies.

And Truth is all that can save me. All that can keep me from going down into the deep abyss, the chasm of darkness below me that does not permit light to shine.

And then there is the undertow. That ever-present threatening current that is just inches below your feet. One wrong move, and it seems like you could be sucked away, out of your own control, into a whirlpool of exhaustion and desperation in which you fight, so hard, to escape but you can never seem to manage.

But there is that Truth. There. It can save me. It is above the water, waiting. Waiting for me to see. If I could just see it, I could ascend. From the waters of death to waters of life.

Serendipitously, I have a periscope. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Not *World Suicide Prevention Day 2021*

Love's Effigy