Home

Lights shine from the windows of an empty house
And this is more than I had before
But there is more that I'm waiting for
A home Yahweh has for me in store. 

Home is where a Father is
Protecting and loving all His kids
Reigning over those who're His
Keeping safe and inviting in

Home is where the Father loves
Where He says, "You are enough."
Where you are secure in enormous hugs
Sheltered and covered around and above.

Something I've never had before
And oh how my heart has longed for more
Yet when I enter my front door
A dog awaits and nothing more.

Where is my Father, my home to be?
Where can I rest and learn to see?
Where can I feel safe, secure, and free?
Why is no home reserved for me?

But Yahweh has greater than I've ever known
He waited to give me a home that's His own
More glorious than houses or palatial thrones
Yahweh made me His son and through me He shone.

For what I don't have is nothing I have lost
For Yahweh sat down and He counted the cost
Gave His own Son so that I could be bought
Securing my place in the lineage He wrought.

For I have a Father and this is my home
Secure in His arms, a son all His own
And when I feel lonely, I just have to know
My Father is love and I'm never alone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Editing

Fears