A Prayer for My Students

Talking with two young girls who remind me of me
Both so beautiful and special, yet neither can really see
Dealing with crises that were never theirs to own
And sometimes I know that they feel so alone

And I wish I could show them who they really are
But that can only be found in the heart of our God
So I demonstrate the love He has stored up for them
And hope they’ll come to realize that it’ll never end

Because they’ve been told all their lives that they don’t matter
Unless they act and respond in a certain manner
And I see the pain that it’s causing their heart
I remember too well what it’s like in the dark

But Yahweh is redemption and He can show them love
They will know completion and that they are just enough
To please Him and bring Him such joy through their lives
So this is my prayer for them: that this Truth they’d realize

Meanwhile I continue to walk on the other side
I show them that it is possible to know this joy in life
For I was once exactly where they are now
But Yahweh came and rescued me and showed me His power

Now I live in freedom and light and the rest
I know it is for everyone if they’ve the faith to manifest
The Word of the Father right there in their lives
So I will intercede that they have open eyes.

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Fears

Editing