To Quiet the Soul

My soul agitates within me
The bright lights and distractions of Babylon glitter all around me
The sorrows of the world rage
And people wonder what it's all about

The illusion surges, pounding at the door to my mind
To my heart
Bidding entry once more
And I find that it's hard to deny it entrance
When all around me are illusion's exhibits

Fully in the grip of the illusion's curse
Are the people I love and with whom I must work
Yet I have seen greater, much greater things
My soul agitates, longing to walk in the fullness of Reality

For I know better than to believe illusion
Why must I fight the lies and confusion?
Did I forget that I have all the power
In my little universe, submitted to God?

Did I not remember that Yahshua said "It is finished"
That it was, in fact, finished before time ever began
That the finished work and completion is woven in to every fiber of every being in all of creation
That the center of the Promise is filled with completion

That moment when Yahweh and I spoke the Covenant together
In a chorus, a harmony, a duet of creation
When we decided what my life would be and all that it would take to obtain Reality
That I would have to die for Him
Once He had died for me
And I said "Yes"
He said "Amen"
It was finished, let it be!
The Beginning is the End
Can I not remember this?

Yet, I do.
I see.
I remember.
I have come to the place where the battle is won
And
I
Believe

So I quiet my soul
With a poem:
A fragment of memory from the Beginning
And the End
And I am at peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Not *World Suicide Prevention Day 2021*

Love's Effigy