The Bride's Submission

I was created
Fully equal to Yahweh
And brilliant in my own right
I had a radiance and omnipotence
And as an individual being I could do all things,
I could do anything that I desired
And all things were under my feet

Then, lo, I did behold Him,
My Husband,
And He was beautiful and wonderful and other
I was worthy of Him as He was worthy of me
His radiance shone as the sun,
And I had always been a star
And He was so intriguing and mysterious
I longed to know Him

Yet He was other
And I was me,
His Light shone at a different frequency
And His Heart beat to a pattern that was wholly different from mine
How could we ever come together as One?
How could I ever know Him?
How could He ever know me?
Like magnets of a similar strength and polarity,
We repelled each other,
Our differences insurmountable,
Our similarities too great
Though I longed for Him and reached for Him,
I could not be His

So I watched Him from afar,
The star that He was bright in my eyes
As I dreamed and I longed and I trembled with desire
His Light, so radiant, drew my heart,
But I could not come any closer,
And then one day,
He was gone

His Light extinguished,
Yet no less beautiful for the Darkness that He was
For He is beautiful in Darkness, too
And nothing can Veil His Glory
And though I could not see Him as I had before,
My heart knew Him,
For I was made for Him and from Him

And I knew in that moment what I had to do,
I had to extinguish my own light, too
I had to let my light grow dark
And join Him in Darkness
That we could join in Light,
For now we could not repel each other

And as Bridegroom and Bride lay down their lives for each other,
We joined in unity and ecstasy and rapture
And oh We were One!
Oh We are One!
Oh We are One!
Oh We are One!
And We soar as One to new heights,
New splendors,
New radiances,
New ecstasies!
And I do not regret my Darkness
I do not regret my submission
I do not regret a single moment of our relationship

For the two became One
Just as we have always been
And ever will be,
Christ and His Bride in Glory,
A New Light to shine

Holy, holy, holy is Yahweh God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
Evermore as One with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Not *World Suicide Prevention Day 2021*

Love's Effigy