Ode to Words

I love words, how they form worlds
How each word has a world of meaning inside
I love
How the Hebrew word for heart
Leb
Sounds like a heartbeat
And the Name of Yahweh
Sounds like a breath

I love
How the root word of Identity
Means "oneness"
Because only in being One with Yahweh
Can we know who we truly are

I love how the Spanish word
For butterfly
Mariposa
Rolls off the tongue
And flies away in the air with a flit of its wings
Just like the creation it describes
And it leaves behind an impression of beauty
After it has flown

I love how words can take on new meaning
While still preserving the old
How legit sounds so new
And legitimate so old
But both have to do with righteousness,
Meaning "lawfully begotten" at the root.

I love how sound and meaning
Come together in a word
To create a new thing, a good thing
When words are used properly.

The sheer power of creation
Overwhelming in its ability
Living inside my mouth, on my tongue
Behind my teeth,
Waiting
To come out
And create
Oh be careful, Oh tongue!
Do not speak, Oh voice!
Unless you have something to say
That will build up the Kingdom

For words have power
But one Word surpasses all words
Never returning void
He was in the beginning, with God
And God
And He created, in the beginning, all things
And now, in the present, He creates again
Through us
My tongue
Life and death
On my lips
Life and death

I love the beauty
And I trust the Author of All Words
To guide my tongue
And my hand
As I use words
To make worlds
Life and death
Life to the Kingdom
Death to anything that opposes it.
Life and death
In the tongue, in my fingers
As I create
With words.

Oh word, Oh language, Oh speaking
Speak
The Truth
In Love

My beautiful words
Thank You, Yahweh,
For entrusting me with the power
To create worlds, to destroy
Life and death
The power
In a Word
Thank You
As you guide me in the ways of righteousness
For the sake of Your Name
A Word,
A breath,
A heartbeat
A whole world
Legit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Fears

The Blues