Poetry Inspired by The Chronicles of Narnia

Narnia

Peter took the sword, held it in his hand
“Take your family and go” was the witch’s demand
But Peter wanted more than just to be safe
He wanted to be part of something really Great

He was given a choice, he was given a Mandate
He could shake his head and run
Or in fighting he could stay

But what if I’m just a boy, a child in my own eyes
What if I cannot stand and win against the lies
What if no one hears me or cares what I have to say
What if I am just a child, not a King in any way
I want to make a difference, but how could this be?
That I can change the world and help to set it free.

Susan took the arrows, the horn to make a call
Gentle in nature, she could outshoot them all
But though she cared so deeply, she wondered if she could
Climb a mountain so steep and reign from whence she stood

She was given a choice, she was given a Mandate
She could take her life and run
Or in fighting she could stay

But what if I’m just a girl, a child in my own eyes
What if I cannot stand and win against the lies
What if no one hears me or will let me have my say
What if I’m just a child, not a Queen in any way?
I want to make a difference, but how could this be?
That I can change the world and help to set it free.

Edmund stood beside the Lion, took the gift He was given
Redemption by the side of the one who died to live
Then more and more He gave him, and Edmund began to wonder why
He would be entrusted by One Whom he’d cost His life

He was given a choice, he was given a Mandate
He could duck his head and run
Or raise his head again

But what if I’m just a traitor, always to be reviled
What if I cannot stand and I fall again to lies
What if no one hears me, or will listen to my voice
What if all they can see is the time I made the wrong choice
I want to make a difference, but how can this truly be?
That I can take the gift I was given and help make the world free.

Lucy stepped forward, took the healing in her hands
She offere’d to the nations, the gift of heaven
I had the faith before and I will choose again
To believe that I can do everything in Him

I am not just a girl, not a child in my own eyes
I can win the battle and stand against the lies
Everyone will hear me, for I speak in Another’s Name
I will be a Queen and rule in every way
I will make a difference, always amazed that it can be

That I can show the world the One who makes them truly free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fears

Dust

The Blues