No Control

Keeping all the strings untangled,
Pulling tightly on the threads
Keeping feelings from being mangled
Trying to stand in Yahweh's stead

Juggling responsibilities
People, tasks, and our metrons
Nothing can fall, nothing can falter
All bad things will be our fault

Going crazy, keep together
This simply isn't possible, something will fall, I will miss it,
chaos reigns when I lose control, all the strings are getting tangled, all the feelings being hurt, all the balls I've juggled falling, rolling now across the dirt, what shall I do here in this chaos, how can I regain control, I can't bend down to pick the ball up, while trying so hard to be faithful. So I give up now, I surrender, I admit I've no control

I will let the ball go rolling
Trusting Yahweh to keep it whole

I will rest in the arms of my Father
I will give up my control
I will let Him keep together
What He reigns over as Lord

I remember I'm the steward
He's the savior, He redeems
My job is simply to let Him
Express His joy and peace in me.

As I give control to Yahweh
I can now focus on Him
Worshipping my Father only
Suddenly I now can live.

And isn't this the most sensible
Yahweh's much bigger than me
He can do these things more fully
Where I would fail, He will succeed.

So now I take my hands off of
All of the things I thought to rule
I find myself in simple freedom
As I give Yahweh control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Fears

Love's Effigy