Prayer for America

The news foretells doom, despair, and dismay
Violence, division, and sorrow
It says that America's well on its way
To falling to powers of darkness

But I see the light and I want to remind
My country of the heights it attained
Yahweh still has a plan for this, His own land
In America there is fruit that remains

So I will not bow to the media's lies
I will not cower or fear
I will remember the Word Yahweh spoke
Through those who built this nation here

He wanted a country that would seek His heart
That would show people prosperity
He wanted a place that would His Truth impart
So other nations, too, could be free

He established a country on this Promised Land
So that His Promised Kingdom could grow
And here seeds of Promise were long ago planted
That one day a Harvest would show

The media says the American dream
Is no longer available to us
That crippling debt and lawless extremes
Have crushed His Promise to dust

But there are still people here, proud and free
The brave who are willing to fight
And we shall manifest the Promised seeds
Bringing hidden Truth into the light

For the Truth in America is alive and well
In the hearts of people who so choose
Though the enemy tries to cause fear to swell
The enemy can only lose

All my neighbors and friends and the people I know
The people who make up my nation
Are not evil, divisive, lazy, or without hope
So I will see the Truth in creation

Yahweh's not done with us, are we done with Him?
We don't have to fall to lie's powers
If we line up with Him, we will surely win
And see the light in darkest hours

There is hope for America! It lives in the hearts
Of the people of like, precious faith
So when the media tries to tear us apart
Let's unite and not give in to hate!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Editing

Fears