Lines on a Winter's Day

Oh how I love days like today: cloudy, overcast, and gray
And when I need at least three blankets around me to keep warm
Oh how I love to see through the trees only because they haven't got leaves
And the air so crisp and clear with so much beyond the horizon

The beauty of winter is without compare, but many won't see it; they're not looking there
They just don't understand the glories only winter holds
They're waiting for summer and spring to arrive, missing a good portion of their lives
Not knowing the joy that's right here in this day of wondrous gold

So in the meantime, I'll look and I'll see, enjoying everything Yahweh's giving me
In a day like today knowing He's always my Sovereign Lord
I will embrace the cloudy and gray, knowing that it can't extinguish the flame,
The burning passion of Yahweh's love that always keeps me from harm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fears

Dust

Love's Effigy