Glory

In a world where the blind lead the blind
What responsibility have those of us with sight
Can we choose to settle back and in the shadows hide
Or shall we stand in front of crowds and let Yahweh's light shine?

In a world unable to hear, can we show the way
Allowing Yahweh's spirit to lead, lighting the path each day
Or will we in the darkness cower, afraid we're not enough
Not knowing that it's Yahweh's power working in and through us?

But I will stand, though my knees tremble, knowing this to be true
How can one to whom light's given keep the light from you?
And how could I, loving my Father, and knowing what He's done
Keep from Him the joy He saw when He gave his firstborn Son?

So now it's time to step on out, no longer in shadows to hide
No longer will I walk in doubt and hide the light inside
For I have more than many people, the Word of Yahweh in me,
And in showing it to these many people, I give them grace to see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Fears

Editing