I Eschew All Doubt!

I wake up feeling low, like I could do no right
The candle's burning dimly, can't illuminate the night
All mistakes and guilt swirling in my mind
I just want to feel like I'm enough this time

And so I ask myself

What have I ever done to make you hate me so?
Why do you not think I'm worth defending?
Yeah, it's getting better, but sometimes I feel low
Like I'm not worth the price Yahweh is spending

Then I hear a voice, a whisper in my mind
It says I made the choice to leave my life behind
To put my faith in Yahweh and every Word He speaks
And just because I do this, I become complete

And the voice replies

You have never done anything to make me hate you so.
You're worth defending I died for you, you know
I have faith in you, in all that you will be
Simply because you've put your faith in Me.

I don't for one second regret dying for you
In you I've placed all Heaven, that you I can shine through
You will be my glory, you are now my son
You are pleasing to me, so don't from your purpose run.

So I come into agreement with the voice that in me speaks
I will not allow myself to think badly of me
I am not mistaken as I walk my purpose out
My faith remains unshaken and I ESCHEW ALL DOUBT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fears

Dust

Love's Effigy