Wise Men

How far did the Wise Men travel
Over desert, mountain, sea?
How much did they spend
To outfit their caravans,
And purchase the gifts three?

How long did it take them to come?
A year or two at least.
To find the Child
that was prophesied
To be the King of Kings?

These men who studied and found
In books that He was to come
Could they do more
Than those of us
Whose spirits have been awakened?

Could we give up years of our lives
Or everything we own
Making enemies
of other men
To see Christ in the full?

But I will lay my life down
Like the wisest kings of old
Like the drummer boy
who gave his toy
To the One who deserves all.

And I will live my life
For the glory of my God
For He is all
And more than that:
Greater than words can say in a poem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Fears

Editing