The Mirror

I look in the mirror and what do I see?
What if there's something wrong with me,
I do not feel pretty, I do not feel smart
I do not feel worthy of love to impart
I do not feel happy, I must be afraid
I do not feel love,
Who am I today?

I look in the mirror and what do I see?
Is there something so wrong with me?
Why can't I fix it, what can I do?
The loathing self-hatred just isn't truth.

So into the mirror I will look again
Look past imperfections, lies, fears, and sin
Beyond all illusion I will see the Christ
Who does live inside me and now gives me life.

I look in the mirror and what do I see?
There really is nothing wrong with me
I am quite pretty, lovely, and smart
I have been made worthy to receive Yahweh's heart
I can be happy, I can be at peace
I can be loved
What a relief!

For inside my mirror is my own face,
A vision of Christ's inner beauty and grace,
That I can receive only by Yahweh's faith
A truth I can walk in, a fruit that remains.

I look in the mirror and what do I see?
I see the Christ staring right back at me
And in His own eyes there shines love and approval
Of me His is proud and He thinks I am beautiful.

So I will not walk away and forget who I look like
I stand tall today, for in the mirror I see Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Fears

Editing