The Promises I Keep

Into the world my mind is thrown
Beyond all reaches that I've known
I cannot fathom the depths below
As my experiences show

The miles stretch out in endless array
Before me now, a brand new day
I cannot think, I cannot say
Sometimes I even forget the way

Yet the Way leads forward, onward
And I will stand atop the strong Word
Provision, purpose, on the long road
Guide me gently, tear down strongholds

A greater truth is kept in promises
Given, made, and unabandoned
I receive, yet I must keep
The promises made unto me

With my troth I pledge me willing
To keep the promise to me entrusted
And through interminable nature, thrilling
I shall rise and stand above this.

In quiet trust I stand now, waiting
Though my heart is sorely aching
The hope I have, steady unshaken
That I have never been forsaken

The promise spoken in the Word
The Promise I have seen and heard
My aching heart is again stirred
And I keep going undeterred.

Draw me up, in courage arm me
Thousands shall fall, but it won't hit me
I won't die, no I shall live free
Promise now, oh Yahweh, help me.

 Holding tightly to the promise
Made and kept to and from Oneness
I shall never leave you homeless
Steady on now, keep the Promise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Fears

Love's Effigy