Poetry and Parables

In poetry and parables,
I speak more than just one Word
The gift wrapping of mysteries
In parables and poetry

In parables and poetry
I can give you eyes to see
Read it once, come back again
See it anew, alright, begin

In poetry and parables,
I with language frame the world
Within, find healing for the soul
For with My Word I've made you whole

The dark storm rises, chopping fright
Obscurity casts out the light
And fear causes trembling from within
But I have come to conquer sin

The depths of longing swallow deep
But I have promises to keep
And I can raise a thousand sheep
And find just one alone, asleep

The heights of ecstasy can enthrall
Leave you feeling ten feet tall
With heart wide open you can see
Your way home and back to Me.

The depths of sorrow pull you down
You gasp for air, so sure you'll drown
But if you stop and look around
You'll see I've always kept you safe and sound

The poetry of life is grand
I know, I shaped it with my hand
The Greatest Story Ever Told
So let this poem make you bold

Each time you look at your life again
I'll let you see it with a new lens
Don't perish for lack of true vision
With eyes to see, do enter in

Read your own poem, you parable
In you I've made the whole world full
But see it true and see it right
Open your eyes and be the light

For everyone with eyes to see
Their parable, their poetry
Will find a different side of Me
Each time the open up to read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fears

Dust

Love's Effigy