The Snake

Hissy, hissy, I'm a snakey
I slither on the floor
I come to cause you to tremble and fear
I will circle 'round you and roar

I will snap and strike your heals
I will hiss and stare at you
I will come close so you'll feel
Trembling to your very shoes

I will posture, I will menace
I will stare you down
I will advance so you'll retreat
I will keep you on the ground

I will hope you do not notice
How much bigger than me you are
I will hope you won't remember
That you're imbued with power

I will snap and will distract you
I will cause you to doubt
Because I can never really touch you
I haven't got the clout

But as I advance and you retreat
It's here I gain my power
I can only have what you let me
So keep yourself down

For if you don't, I've surely lost
For it's your power to stop
Any attack I'm perpetuating
And reclaim all that was lost

So hissy, hissy, I make such noise
So you can't hear the Word
Be afraid and don't rejoice
In Yahweh's finished work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fears

Weeping For Jerusalem

The Blues