Set the Captives Free!


Sometimes I feel I’m running in a giant marathon
And I get really tired and wonder how I can go on
But when they say, “Just one more step,” I know that they are right
One single step of faith is all I need to win the fight.

I look out at corruption and weep at what I see
This was never what Yahweh desired it to be
This place where days can feel as tiring as a marathon
Babylon where things have gone so disgustingly wrong.

And yet there is a truth that is beyond all that I see
A God who says “Yes, Creation’s coming back to me.”
Yahweh who has sent the Christ to set the captives free
Yahweh who has promised every good thing to redeem.

He has a perfect plan in place beyond what I can see
All I can do is trust Him and allow Him to set free
And yet sometimes I wonder, for can it truly be
That Yahweh’s perfect plan was to send imperfect me?

Well what else could it be but truth, for this resides in me:
Omnipotence, omniscience, and infinity
In me there is redemption and eternity
Oh, but that creation can have the eyes to see!
Immanuel, Holy Spirit, Yahweh set the captives free! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fears

Dust

Love's Effigy