Beyond the Times


There are times when I forget
What it is I fight
But I can never forget
The fact that I am light!

But sometimes it still feels awful
What I now see out there
What makes me think that I can do it?
How can I even care?

Because it costs so much to bleed for them
To cry the tears for that
Which was subjected to chaos
When Adam chose the lack.

It costs so much to cry for them 
Who lose their homes in pain
For children who should never live
In things I see them in.

And what can I do for them?
I'm only one person, me.
And all I do is never enough
Because there's only one of me.

Though I stay and work and fight
They don’t appreciate
What it’s really like
Opening the gate.

Yet how can I complain?
What would I rather do?
Live in illusion
Or walk in truth?

To whom much is given
Much is required
And Yahweh Himself
Redeems my desires.

There are times it's really hard
To remember who I am
To walk into the world
Knowing it's an illusion.

It ISN'T REAL; it WILL NOT LAST
It's only for a time.
And I can live in hope and faith
A time beyond the times.

Because out there, beyond time
Lies reality
Something beyond powers
and principalities. 

Yes, there is something more
Though it can seem so far away
But I know that I reach it
I live in it by faith.

Out there beyond the times
When it seems so very hard
When children cry
And people die
And speak unbeautiful words,

There is the God of life,
Yahweh who creates
He's here with us right now
Opening the gates.

But what can I do for them?
How can I help them see?
All I do is never enough
So I won’t do; I’ll be.

He makes me more than me
So I’m not just one person
And I can change the world
Break the illusion.

So infinity enters time
And everyone will see
That time shall pass away
And all shall be redeemed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Not *World Suicide Prevention Day 2021*

Love's Effigy