I Do Not Have to Do Anything

I do not have to do anything
And it doesn't make any sense, can't explain
How Yahweh approves, doesn't need any exploits
How His love is true, an unending refrain

I don't understand, then, what makes me important
Why must I do anything then at all?
But out of the belly flows waters that are living
And mighty rivers come from sources so small

Out of the being comes life everlasting
Out of the life comes agreeable truths
That Yahweh my God is not really asking
Anything of me but to be and He'll do

So if I will be, He will flow from me strongly
For I am the belly, He the water of life
So I need not fear doing rightly or wrongly
When He's only called me to stand forth and shine

And if Him I trust to be just and do rightly
Then I need not fear messing up or to fail
Because He is God and His light's shining brightly
In me and I know that His Word will prevail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Fears

Love's Effigy