Lucy


Walking through the forest and big brother knows the way
We’re going to get to our appointed place
But we don’t seem to be progressing, despite all that he says
I begin to wonder what is this path he takes

I look now to the side of me as Someone calls my name
He beckons me to go in His direction
But when I tell the others, they scoff and they exclaim
We did not see, so you must be mistaken

We continue on in circled path, dead end after dead end
Again the Lion calls to me and beckons
But no one else will listen to that which I contend:
That there is something more than what we’d reckoned

Now laying down to take a break, we rest before the morn,
More futile, endless walking on the morrow
I see the Lion in my dreams; He calls me to go on
Whether or not the others stay or follow

Now how can I move forward if I must leave some behind,
How can I go to places no one else goes,
But how long can I continue in the futility of mind
And hide in my heart all my deepest sorrows

What about them, will they be fine as they go different ways
Should I not stay and tell them of what I see
Will I lose their fellowship if from their path I stray
Or can I trust the One who’s come to call me

I stand here at a crossroads in the expression of my life
And I must choose the path that I will take
But I have always chosen Him, my beautiful, True Lion
And there really is no other choice to make

And though I weep and shudder for those who do not understand,
Who will not trust me on my chosen way,
I must believe we’re all between the paws of the True Aslan
And somehow everything will be okay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fears

Dust

Love's Effigy