Awakening to Recognition


Nothing ever affected me. Everything was the same. Or maybe
It wasn't. 
Maybe it's just that I never noticed
Through the haze that, though I thought nothing affected me,
Everything did. 

And maybe I tried to block it out. To shelter
myself from the pain. To hide
from rejection or sadness 
Or suffering or shame. 
Because that's all I expected
Life to be. 
But it isn't. 

And now that I have eyes to see 
Nothing is the same.
There is
So much meaning and life
And unlimited glory to find! But
To see it I must change my mind and
Be free to look again. 
To know. To recognize

And recognition blooms like a flower
Long hidden beneath the ground. It
Had always been there, burgeoning
With potential and promise. 
The promise of the Name. 
And now, after years of careful cultivation,
It is finally ready to emerge from the cushioning cocoon
that held the unsafe protection
And kept the flower down. That would have hidden it
forever. 
But for the Whisper: "Awaken! Awaken now!" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Not *World Suicide Prevention Day 2021*

Love's Effigy