I Let Go in Hope

The Promise given unto me, yes set into my cradle
The life I foresee coming from this seed
The gift of glory to reveal as Yahweh is full able
To bring about all He has Promised me

So precious is this life to me that I purpose to guard it,
Choosing now to give it all my time,
My faith and all the resources I have will now uphold it
For I submit to Yahweh’s grand design

When trials and circumstances come to rob me of my Promise,
I will not allow them to hold sway,
For I have faith and strength to fully give my Father honor
And believe in every Promise that He’s made

The winds do blow and fires rage trying to steal my purpose,
And though they buffet everything I am,
I wrap myself around the seed, keeping it safe and harmless
For that’s the value that I to the Promise give

Though the pain is indescribable as I burn for my Promise,
I know that it is worth every cost,
For it would hurt me so much more not to have this Promise,
And if in darkness it would become lost

But there beside my weary form stands One who is well able
To guard the very Promise with Himself,
His outstretch hand does beckon me to let Him have burden,
And trust that He will keep it good and well

So do I trust this Righteous One who’s standing here beside me
To hold the Promise that I love so dear?
But isn’t He the very One who gave to me the Promise,
And won’t He keep what I have hidden here?

And so I will let go in hope, trusting my Creator,
For He has been my Promise all along,
And learning more and trusting Him is even ever greater
Than the Promise I was counting on

So knowing that I will receive the fullness of this Promise,
I expose it to the winds and waves,
And I will sleep now in the boat as it’s tossed upon the water
Even as if in a quiet peaceful place

No longer do I think that I must work to keep the Promise,
Or even make it come to pass by faith,
Instead I value above all relation with my Father

So I will let go that He can the Promise make. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dust

Fears

Editing